Saturday, September 19, 2009

check-in, frustrations and a gig

Just a check-in of where I'm at: my dance identity crisis still persists. Every day I am continually reminded of how long it will actually take for me to become a good bellydancer (not fusion dancer, but either Cabaret or ATS dancer) and I get incredibly frustrated. I really am just starting out. I feel kind of helpless, and while I feel confident and happy when doing fusion, I now worry that it will distract me from learning REAL BELLYDANCE (in all capital letters). So really, I don't know what's going on with me right now. I wish I could break through this and feel that I had something to show for it. The breakthrough that I've hoped for is just leading to more confusion.


In better news, I do have a gig coming up at Moun of Tunis restaurant. Here's the info:
SEPTEMBER 29, 2009 HARVEST BOUNTY O'BELLY DANCE WITH
HADE, COSTA BRAVA, KAT SKRABA, ANNAKIYA, JENNELAH, IRINAXARA & PRINCESS
FARHANA

RESERVATIONS A MUST!- please call Moun Of Tunis
( make sure to specify showcase!) at (323) 874-3333.
Dinner and dance show: $22.00
Dinner seating is 7:00pm, show time is 8:00pm
Moun of Tunis
7445 1/2 Sunset Boulevard ( at Gardner)
Hollywood, Ca 90069 For more info, please visit www.princessfarhana.com


Hope that some of you can make it!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Too bad this performance isn't a few days later when I get paid :(

I'm gonna check my finances and see if I can go :)