Saturday night my best friend and I, Karla Usagi, attended Heidi Bluegirl and Apollo Staar's "Erotic Art School" event. It was tons of fun. Great paintings, live models, really fun down-to-earth people. I had a fantastic time. I did some dancing based on the concept of art rock. It was fun and fabulous. Plus Lisa G and Eric trekked all the way from OC, and my buddy Josef made it out as well. It was fantastic to have such support there and it really meant a lot to me. I hope both Karla and I get to do another show with Heidi and Apollo!
Sunday night was the big showcase at Sage restaurant in Whittier. I danced to a set by The Cramps, which I hope to at least partially rehash if I do some other pre-Halloween gigs. It was sooo much fun, and at least 3 friends came out for that one, too. Unfortunately I got some post-gig mopey dopeys that night and I'm not sure why. Reminds me of this video that I watched about the Paris Opera Ballet. One of the dancers said something to the effect of "the applause is beautiful, but at the end of the night you go home alone."
I gotta get back into choreographing. Improv is good but lately I have had stage space at gigs so I might as well take advantage of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love that quote by the dancer from the Paris Opera Ballet. Very poignant.
If I were a songwriter or poet I'd be inspired to put pen to paper.
Hmm....how to turn that into a photograph....
Post a Comment