Wednesday, March 4, 2009

more

Life and dance continue to take me to new places. I don't know if my Gothla solo is 100 percent ready, but it has been an experience in itself preparing two dances and doing publicity for this show. I really feel like I have a huge connection to it.

All this needs patience, love, dedication- which are sometimes so hard to give! I am thankful that until now I only had one class and could mellow out at school while preparing for this festival.

It's been about maturity, passion, emotion, spirituality...it will be great to see it all come together. I have performed at a festival before but never solo and never at something where I had such a connection with the event itself.

Sometimes you just have to stop thinking and dive in. Be one with the music. It's not about you. It's about art.


More thoughts:

I know for sure that I won't be performing at Tribal Fest. Life will be too crazy for me to commit mentally and spiritually to rehearsing. However, if peeps are going up I'll be a roadie and take some workshops. It might be a welcome relief in between comp exams and when my final paper of the semester is due.

2 comments:

Eric said...

I bet your solo performance is going to kick ass! Do you know what time you'll be performing at? I'm gonna try to make it, will depend on how my school work is going.

IrinaXara said...

My solo is at 11:40ish, the troupe dance at about 4:20.