So I got home from practice with Sashi just now and I decided to run the Raqs LA choreo, then just fuck around and do some improv. I picked the Android Lust album 'The Dividing', putting on those several songs that I'd bookmarked in my head. And man, was I improvising like a fiend! It was really fucking great, and this is yet another reason why I need a damn video camera. grr grr and more grr! Anyway, after a few songs I left the room to go get my veil, went back to the living room, turned on the light, and for some reason all the energy was just...gone. It was really weird. Maybe there was something strange and spiritual and unconscious about dancing in the last light of dusk. Whatever it was, I had lost it. Oh well.
That improv made me really just be one with the music. You have to turn off your brain and just let your soul and heart go with it. No thinking. It was one of those rare moments.
Anyway, this probably sounds like pure 'ooh, I am a hippy dippy artist' wank. Oh well.
I had to explain to a troupe member in class today that sometimes you have to stop breaking down and analyzing the moves and just drill it with your body enough times so you don't think about it eventually. Then the really great stuff happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment