I had a great time at Deborah's event this past Saturday. I do believe, however, that I made a difficult and maybe even wrong choice in presenting the ballet/modern fusion "Concert a Deux Violes" piece at a venue like this. It is a piece with a lot of emotional ups and downs- very specific, visible emotional changes. And well, I have to say that I felt uncomfortable and quite exposed doing that in front of such a small audience. it was just difficult! I feel like I got the technique fine, but it was just hard to show myself to such a tiny audience like that. I haven't done anything that intimate (and emotionally intimidating) since doing theatre stuff around high school and college. Very different, very challenging. My family and some fellow fusion dancers said they liked the piece..I think everyone else didn't know what to think. Ah well, so it goes.
Next gig is the World Renaissance Faire this Saturday in Irvine. I'll be dancing with Yasemin on the Main Stage at 1pm on Saturday.
http://www.worldrenaissancefaire.com/scheduleofevents.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment