Hey peeps,
So as some of you know, this annual bellydance event called the Gothla (pronounced 'Goth-la,' not 'Goth-L.A.') is happening in Pomona at the beginning of March. I'll be sending some promotional emails soon. I was wondering if anyone was interested in flyering for this event, especially throughout the last couple weeks of February, but pretty much anytime soon. Please email me back if you'd like to meet up so I can give you flyers. Also try to indicate whereabouts you might be able to distribute flyers. We need people to distribute flyers at:
-coffee shops
-nightclubs
-after bands play at venues
-Hot Topic locations, if they let us
-school campuses
-other performing arts venues/bulletin boards (Hunger Artists????)
-university campuses besides Long Beach and UCI- Fullerton or the Claremont consortium would be especially helpful
-other dance community events, especially to fellow bellydance class students
The following are venues I am planning to tackle, but could always use help with:
Ipso Facto
Electric Chair
Hot Topic locations
Gypsy Den locations
Downtown Santa Ana
CSULB campus
UCI Performing Arts
KUCI
McClain’s Coffee Shop
Angelika’s class
A note on Etiquette: if you plan to leave flyers at a private business, please make sure to ask if you can leave them first! We want to maintain good relationship with businesses, and also don't want them to throw away our expensive flyers. Thanks!
Please let me know if you're interested and I'll get some flyers over to you!
Also: does anyone have any press connections, especially in the Claremont/Pomona area, that you could let me know about? We do have an OC weekly connection, but they may choose not to cover the event this year because it's not taking place in OC again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment