Well, sadly my job at a major California educational institution will be ending tomorrow. I am not sure what the future will hold for me employment-wise, but I'm optimistic, even in these hard times.
My dance future certainly looks exciting. Through July and August I will be taking regular classes:
-ATS with Sooz
-monday nights with Angelika Nemeth
-Wednesday night choreography with Lilla
-Suhaila tech/Oryantal/Romany with Ferah on Fridays
-a couple sundays with Sashi, but she will be gone in August and I won't be there for a full session
In addition to these regular classes, there promise to be some interesting one-offs. This Wednesday, I will be in NyC for a week. While I'm there I hope to take an intensive with Sera of Solstice. I also hope to take a class with Nourhan Sharif, if I have time.
When I return from NYC, I will be attending Damage Control Dance Theatre's Slumber Party weekend-long intensive, with a combo of Lebanese bellydance and African fusion taught by Cera. I am so excited, as Cera is a huge style inspiration to my own modern fusion style!
In July, I will be attending Ozgen's workshop in LA, hosted by Princess Farhana. I am so excited, as it will be my first Turkish/Oryantal class with someone besides Ferah!
Come September, I may be attending the Viva Raqs Vegas event...we will see when the time comes.
Amidst all this, I am still available for performances! I am hoping to participate in a showcase or two before the summer is over...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment